Saturday, May 22, 2010

TEDxDAR: The Tea Break

One thing I noticed immediately coming into the TEDxDAR venue was that I already knew far too many people here. A couple of friends have remarked time and time again: Dar is very small. I deal with this by keeping as low a profile as I can manage, but in the end there is just a large group of us who are Unavoidable at Certain Kinds of Events. I wonder sometimes if this is a Tanzanian adaptation of what C. Wright Mills was writing about in 'The Power Elite."

It's not all cliques and insiders though- I managed to meet and greet a couple of Really Awesome Women. One is a blogger who sat next to us on the blogging table and introduced herself thus: "I am an independent blogger, not one of the organized ones, but I am blogging the event." Word.

So it was utterly unsurprising to find that her blog- Raging Squid- is actually hosted under the URL irreverentwench dot blogspot dot com. Link up on the blogroll soon.

Anyways: may the outsiders never ever stop infiltrating ;) It's what leads to events like TEDxDAR

No comments:

Post a Comment

No biting, spitting, trolling or ugly insults- only pretty ones allowed.

A little birdie told me...

Follow MikocheniReport on Twitter