Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Update: The Mikocheni Report is Still Reporting from Mikocheni

Whew. I apologize for the ridiculous silence. What happened was that in the first quarter of 2012, it was looking as though the Mikocheni Report might turn into the Kijitonyama Report, or the Masaki Report, due to some...er...housing market instabilities combined with inflation and the obligatory evil landlady. Let's just say that transience/squatting had a depressing effect on my productivity and leave it at that.

The good news: by one of those ridiculous serendipities (and some hustling and unexpected boons) that only seem to happen in Dar, I totally got hooked up with a new hen pen...roughly 300 meters from the old hen pen. Heya! In fact, perhaps even a Hallelujah!

So the Mikocheni Report stays the Mikocheni Report. And she's back online. Thanks for your patience.

3 comments:

  1. Heh, I am thinking I might have quite enjoyed reading the Manzese Report... or the Tandale Report, the Kurasini Report, the Vingunguti Report, the Kigamboni Report or the Mabibo Report etc. :-)

    One imagines that the shift in vantage point might have lead to unexpected yet hilarious, bittersweet and emotionally resonant new insights (like Eat, Love, Pray but much less narcissistic!)

    Oh well, we'll just have to see how long you can co-exist with the new Owner of Property ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love new digs! I know the marble gate thingy across the paved parking lot will inspire some great musings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dr. Bob: mh. I can see how that would entertain you endlessly :) Alas, I must shop houses according to one simple criterion: will my family members of all ages and walks of life be able to use the bathroom without incident? It keep things focused.

    @Aidan: I try not to look at the marble gate thingy before noon, if I can help it. It just makes my day more psychadelic than necessary. One golden curlicue too many...

    ReplyDelete

No biting, spitting, trolling or ugly insults- only pretty ones allowed.

A little birdie told me...

Follow MikocheniReport on Twitter