Thursday, February 14, 2013

Good Vibes

You know what today is? That's right! It's the kick-off of the Sauti za Busara music festival in Zanzibar and they are celebrating their 10th edition. So this blogpost is my offering to help celebrate ten 'editions' of Busara- I'm guessing they are using the term edition because perhaps it hasn't actually happened for ten years consecutively? One, two, skip a few... that kind of thing. It's such a chill festival, all flip flops and calabash-based instruments and atmospheric venue and easily enjoyed if you just dodge around the forest of telephoto lenses that the photographers (both real and wanna-be) wield like broadswords.

Sadly I won't be celebrating with them this year due to a dismal lack of planning, so no adventures to blog about. Actually that is a flimsy excuse since 'a dismal lack of planning' exactly describes my travel strategy for all Zanzibar trips, but this time around there's not even going to be a spontaneous attempt. So this humble offering is in celebration of the fact they Team Busara hasn't given up- yay!- and wishing them ten more 'editions- some of which I hope to attend. What's that? Pictures you say? Check out Dunia ni Duara. I'm betting Pernille's going to be posting the pretty and the unexpected,  rendered in jewel tones. 

2 comments:

  1. Mmm really, what's your excuse? It's not like Zanzibar is soooo faaar ... Tsk, tsk ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dr. Bob, I see the resolution is going strong :) My excuse is that I don't have one...

    ReplyDelete

No biting, spitting, trolling or ugly insults- only pretty ones allowed.

A little birdie told me...

Follow MikocheniReport on Twitter